Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Register multiple 3CX PBXs to one SIP account?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nradonjic, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nradonjic

Hello,

Is it possible to have multiple 3CX phone systems running on VMs and register them all to one SIP account. Each 3cx pbx will have its own did with appropriate inbound and outband routes and plenty concurrent calls.
    Do I need any special hardware for this setup?
    Thanks so much
    Nik

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

You might have to put that question to your SIP Trunk carrier ... I know when I've done this to test a system, my carrier gives me a call to tell me that I've got multiple IP's registering for the service.

From a practical point of view though, how is the carrier going to know where to deliver the call? I think you might find that incoming calls will hit whatever 3CX system registered the trunk group last ... The SIP Register header sent to the carrier by each system, will overwrite the last received, and modify the delivery data in the header ...

If you are wanting to deliver the incoming call to multiple systems, then you would be better off creating 3CX Bridges between the systems, and presenting the incoming call to call groups consisting of extensions across those bridged systems.

best regards ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

it depends on your ITSP but as foxhall states whwen a call comes in it can hit any of those systems depending on which registered last. Why would you want to use the same SIP trunk on multiple PBXs? Depending on what you want to do it may be easier to either bridge the PBX's, use one PBX with external extensions, or create ghost extensions with which to transfer calls to the different system. But with out knowing exactky wwhat you will be doing its kind of hard to determine what will be the best route to take.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. black6

As other contributors have said it is difficult to make suggestions without knowing exactly what you are trying to do. Your ITSP should be able to route calls to you over multiple registrations, but as others have said why would you do that? Depending on what you are configuring on the VM machine; you could consider multiple public IPs and configure your calls that way with a proper security strategy on your network.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.