• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Register telephones in LAN to an extension directly

Patrick the phoneman

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

i would like to have an opportunity to register the telephones directly to an extension on the device like it works by STUN telephone with enter extension and voicemailpin.

At the moment you need an administrator to assign the telephones or create users directly with the devices and their MAC address followed by DHCP option 66 and so on.

So my imagination is:
- plug the telephone to the LAN
- PBX detect the telephones by multicast process
- do automatically a light provisioning or so on... (or use for LAN the e.g. Snom Server, Yealink, too)
- that you can enter number and pin to register to the extension you like

Cheers

Upvote 14
Hi,
sounds like an option to add all new telephones as a new hot desking phone.

Would be nice

That would be the next step, get directly a hotdesk number...

Another idea is do work still with option 66 but you don't have to add the MAC addresses to the system before user creation.

In my opinion a very usefull feature to auto provision device by PIN.
Most legacy enterprise PBX systems like Alcatel were provisioned in this way.

Regards,
Thomas

Auto provision to a hotdesk extension would be great.

+10 Normal feature on big systems or starface that also works with snom telephones

Near to this feature it would be fine, if you can provision telephones directly to a hotdesk telephone. When you work with hotdesk, the admin can install all telephones and the user can login.
At the moment you have to enter the MAC to create HD telephones. That is bad.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.