Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Registerd to my pbx but unable to make calls

Discussion in 'Android' started by bluespiderit, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluespiderit

Hi,

I got the client set up and registered to a spare extension on my 3cx pbx. It shows as registered to that extension and the status changes as I switch the client on and off.

I am unable to make calls from my android handset though. it just reverts back to 'on hook'
    I've tried numbers with and without the prevailing 9 as per my calling routes.

any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

check server activity log for more informations and may post a call attempted here

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What are the codecs you selected?
    remove speex

4. mchristsen

I had the exact same issue when trying to dial from 3G. The issue was I was using the DNS name of the PBX instead of the IP address (internal or external). Once I switched to the IP address, I was able to make calls. This is related to the PBX authenticating the source of the call (your phone).

I have a post about this titles wrong SIP Invite.

Michael.

5. bluespiderit

Hi speex is disabled and gsm, g,711(ulaw and alaw) are enabled.

o.k. i've had limited success creating a new profile for my internal network. previous attempts were from a remote network. it still registered on that network but wouldn't make calls, I'm assuming this may be due to restrictions on that network.

so now i can connect to phones and softphones on the network but no voice is being relayed.

i'll try it with the IP from external.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

we made another upload - can you find it from the appstore

let me know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.