• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Registerd to my pbx but unable to make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluespiderit

Reaction score
Hi,

I got the client set up and registered to a spare extension on my 3cx pbx. It shows as registered to that extension and the status changes as I switch the client on and off.

I am unable to make calls from my android handset though. it just reverts back to 'on hook'
I've tried numbers with and without the prevailing 9 as per my calling routes.

any ideas?

check server activity log for more informations and may post a call attempted here

What are the codecs you selected?
remove speex

I had the exact same issue when trying to dial from 3G. The issue was I was using the DNS name of the PBX instead of the IP address (internal or external). Once I switched to the IP address, I was able to make calls. This is related to the PBX authenticating the source of the call (your phone).

I have a post about this titles wrong SIP Invite.

Michael.

Hi speex is disabled and gsm, g,711(ulaw and alaw) are enabled.

o.k. i've had limited success creating a new profile for my internal network. previous attempts were from a remote network. it still registered on that network but wouldn't make calls, I'm assuming this may be due to restrictions on that network.

so now i can connect to phones and softphones on the network but no voice is being relayed.

i'll try it with the IP from external.

we made another upload - can you find it from the appstore

let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.