Registering 3CSPhoneforWindows12 with Asterisk PBX

Discussion in 'Windows' started by barani, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barani

Hi my office is installed and configured with Assterisk PBX server and the administrator provided me with login credentials. I had installed 3CXPhone6, configured and am using now. But when I tried with 3CXPhoneforWindows12 I am unable to register with the server. Please help me.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Unlike 3CXPhone6, which is a generic SIP phone, 3CXPhone 12 is designed to be used only with a 3CXPhoneSystem ver 12.x, it will not connect with a different PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. barani

Hi Vali_3CX,
    Thanks for your quicker reply. Is there any other option in 3CX which can connect to different PBX like 3CXPhone6 and enable conferencing like 3CXPhone12?
    Please update me.

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No, is not possible: the conferencing feature is not SIP-based, it requires a different service which is part of the 3CXPhoneSystem package. Even more, the communication protocol between the client and this service is 3CX-specific.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. barani

Hi Vali_3CX

Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.