• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Registering from OUTSIDE the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereverend

Reaction score
I am in hopes that you guys can help me. I have a Cisco 303 Phone and I am trying to register that phone from outside the network. I have the port forwarded in my router to the 3cx server. The phone when I am using it inside the network will register fine but once I put the public IP address in there and try to register it does not work at all. I have tried putting my IP with the port # in there for example 54.11.123.444:5060 and without the :5060 neither one is working. I have checked to make sure that "do not Allow reg from outside network" is NOT checked, I am not sure what I may be doing wrong, Can someone please provide me step by step instructions on how to make this work as I need to use this phone at another location on a different network but talking to my server. I have Version 12 of the 3cx server software. Thank you in advance.

When you indicate that it works fine from within the network, does this also mean that you can take and make calls and hear the audio? You only mentioned registering. I am trying to make certain that the SIP firmware is installed as these normally come with SCCP.

You should try:
1. In the router, make certain that SIP ALG is off.
2. Turn off any software firewall that may be installed on the 3CX system - Windows firewall, AVG, Norton, etc.
If turning off the firewall solves the problem, then you can always add the appropriate entries to allow passage should you turn the firewall back on.
3. Run the firewall checker to validate.

Do you have any other remote devices that are, or have been able to register, in the past?

Have you checked the 3CX server logs for a registration attempt? If there is a rejection, then at least you know that you are getting through and the log would provide some information as to why the attempt was unsuccessful..

I assume that you are using a public IP and not a Domain name in the set, as the server location.

Have you run (with success), the 3CX Firewall checker?

I ran the firewall checker and all is fine. The phones I have are Sp-303's that are on SIP, This phone does work inside the network with sound etc. I had been using it for a while inside the network. I did manage to get it to communicate with the server but now the server is kicking back an authentication error and says "Credentials do not match - make sure they match in the extension and on the phone" I have checked this several times and they do in fact match. i even changed them to make sure that they would match. I have done this several times. I have even re-provisioned the phone from outside the network and that worked fine. but it wont register. Please provide step by step directions on how to fix this. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.