• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Registering SIP trunk with TLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer Chance

Reaction score
So according to an email I had with 3CX, TLS is now supported on SIP trunks. I was informed that the SIP provider must support SIPs SRV records and that I must be on v15.5 Sp6 to do so. We are using Flowroute, who supports this and are on v15.5 Sp6.

What I find interesting is that I can set the routes in Flowroute to send with TLS, and incoming calls with 3CX will still work. It is as soon as I attempt to set the SIP trunk to use port 5061 in 3CX that the trunk fails to register. I know the PoPs in Flowroute support traffic to 5061, because I checked the port using telnet.

I currently have a ticket open with Flowroute about it and am waiting to hear back.

In the meantime, i'm not sure where to go with this -- does anyone else have experience with this?

SIP TLS for SIP Trunks is not quite ready yet. There has been a lot of work done on the back-end, but you still can't set the TLS information in the Provider settings, which would be required.

SIP TLS for SIP Trunks is not quite ready yet. There has been a lot of work done on the back-end, but you still can't set the TLS information in the Provider settings, which would be required.
Ah, okay. Well, from the looks and sound of it, i guess and hope that this is available in the near future. Thanks for letting me know -- we are all very excited for this implementation.

Reactions: craigreilly
We are certainly on top of it and are hoping to get it out to you guys asap! You'll hear about it in the release/features notes when it is included.

Excellent! I'm excited to see this functionality being worked on and hopefully released this year.

Reactions: Spencer Chance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.