Registering Windows client hangs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

The client lost its registration so I resent config file and clicked it on and the Registration never completed. After 15 minutes it still said registering.

I un-installed the client and re-installed and clicked the registration and had the same results

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the phone on the same network as the server?

There should be a Debug button, in the phone app that may provide additional information as to what is happening. The 3CX PBX server activity should also be checked for a sign of a registration attempt.

3. petewatterschats

I can not find the debug button - can you point me to it

See attached picture of phone

Attached Files:

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just downloaded and installed Ver 14, as I had not yet used it. it seems that the debug button, that was in previous versions, is now gone, or really well hidden. It was helpful in tracking down the cause of problem. Perhaps Nick from 3CX could comment on this.

First off, check the server log on the PBX to see if there is a sign of a registration attempt, or an error log. Have you tried UN-installing then re-installing the application? have you tried running the phone on any other PC, where it worked with your set-up? there could be another application, on the PC that is causing a conflict.

5. petewatterschats

I looked at the server log and it looked like all entries stopped on 2/27.

I had 4 extensions setup the origional 100 not registered
    Two I created (200, 300) and looked to be registered
    One "400" I created for a IP Phone not yet installed

I installed 2 PC Soft Clients and 2 ipad Clients 1 PC and 1 iPad for 2--, 1 pc and 1 ipad for 300

I plugged in a YeaLiknk T21PE2 and it had an IP address on the same network but was not showing up under phones.

It seemed noting on the network was connecting with the 3CX Server so I rebooted the PC that was the 3CX server

Every thing seems to have cleared up, the soft clients seem to be working and after disconnecting and reconnecting the IP Phone it now shows up under phones.

I have no idea what caused the issue.

6. superior1

Pete, this is off topic, but when assigning extensions it would not be good practice to use ext 100, then 200, 300 and so forth. I mean it will work. Unless of course maybe these are extensions of other office locations, or departments within the organization. Even if that is the case, I would move to a 4 digit dialing strategy.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey all,

I believe the 'Debug' button was there in 3CXPhone v6 which was the on introduced with V11. In newer version though, indeed the debug button is not longer there, however logs are still kept in the background. The logs for the 3CXPhone for Windows can be found in %appdata%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs\ .

8. petewatterschats

PC Where Windows 7 3CX Soft Phone is Installed

I found a log file here

C:\USERS\George\appdata\roaming\3CXPhoneForWindows.log

Is this the correct log file
    =====================

The log file has a lot of entries, can I delete it and if so is it recreated automaticely, I want to clear it so I see only recent activity

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Sure, make sure 3CXPhone is closed, even from the notification area, then delete the file. Once you launch it again it will be clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.