Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Registration at Twilio has failed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Andrew Flatt, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Flatt

3CX hosted in Google taking advantage of the year free licence.

Twilio setup for their SIP Trunk offering.

Able to receive calls but not make them. Trunk is not registering correctly.

Logs show:

Registration at Twilio has failed. Destination (sip:twillo@magpie.pstn.ie1.twilio.com:5060) is not reachable, DNS error resolving FQDN, or service is not available.

I am able to ping the fqdn successfully from the terminal.

I see another user with the same error and some redit detail around an issue between Google and AWS (where Twilio host their sip trunks).

Does anyone know how to get this working?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. Andrew Flatt

Confirmed I have followed this guide.

When i ping the SIP provider from the 3CX console it resolves correctly. However the 3CX shows it cant be reached???

There appears to be others experiencing the issue when Twilio is used especially when the 3CX is hosted in Googles cloud platform?

Inbound voice is working correctly.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you try to not use the localised termination URI (magpie.pstn.ie1.twilio.com) and use the termination URI you chose + pstn.twilio.com as it is shown in the documentation and see if that works? Yours should be magpie.pstn.twilio.com. I have tested a Twilio account on Google cloud and it is working for both inbound and outbound calls.

5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Also make sure that your public IP has not changed since you created the trunk and it is set correctly set in the IP access control list inside Twilio's console. The username and password from the credentials lists should also be used in the management console although the trunk is IP based.

6. Andrew Flatt

I have tried changing the URI as suggested - no difference - I have also tried IP addresses rather than FQDN - no difference.

I have tried username and pw only, IP only, IP and username - no difference.

7. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

what config is in resolver.conf?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Andrew Flatt

Sorry I can't see (or find any guides) how to get into the underlying file system when i'm using your hosted service?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.