Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

registration error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by levbe, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levbe

Maybe someone can explain the following line :

[CM504005]: Registration failed for: 10001@IPNESS; Cause: 503 Service Unavailable; warning: ; internal

I try to register with a provinder witch does not indicate any IP address, ony ipness.net port 6060, login and pwd.
    Registration is working fine directly with a SIP Phone (SPA962) and 3CX works also fine with another VOIP provider.

The provider's support is not able to give any answer, so... (yes, i should change in this case, but i want to find out what's wrong before)

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Simple ping of ipness.net gives me request timeout error. What else could be said?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coelhopsi

Hey archie, don't forget that ping reply could be being blocked... Try to ping sip.inphonex.com, for example. Times out, but the host exists! :)

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Ping inphonex.com goes OK

5. coelhopsi

http://ipness.com works OK as well... this means they're blocking ping replies.

6. datu503

did you try to register using their ip address, 82.146.119.47
    it should work.

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I was given ipness.net and it neither ping nor work as http.
    Actually, I was not talking about ping itself. I was interested if domain name could be resolved. In case of ipness.com it is resolved, in case of ipness.net - it doesn't.

8. coelhopsi

Hey archie... sorry, don't know why I had the .com in mind!

But strange... both ipness.net and ipness.com resolve for me:

ipness.com: 82.146.119.47
    ipness.net: 82.146.119.38

9. levbe

Thanks for all, problem solved now.

I've tried to register with their IP, without success.

Some weeks after, IPNess replied to my question and they modified my login (from a username like "user" to "322335xxxx", my phone number in fact) and since registration is OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.