Registration expiration for extensions*Discussion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vsefcik, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vsefcik

I have a mixture of SIP phones that I'm using as 3CX extensions. All of them seem to come from the factory with the Registration Expiration set to 3600 (3600 seconds, or 60 minutes). I want to shorten the period, which I know how to do on each phone. However, I have noticed that when an extension registers and specifies that the expiration period should be 3600 seconds, 3CX responds with a SIP 200 OK message that changes the expiration period to 1800 seconds. If I change the extension expiration period to something short (like 600 seconds), 3CX responds in the SIP 200 OK message with an expiration period of 600 seconds. So, is there some configuration parameter in 3CX (version 9) that specifies a maximum extension registration period of 1800 seconds?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Registration expiration for extensions

The 30 minute expiry time seems to be the 3CX default. This has come up in the past and I don't recall seeing anything about being able to change that.

3. vsefcik

Re: Registration expiration for extensions

Thanks, leejor. I tried searching the forums for this topic, but couldn't find the answer. I'll just go with a setting of 600 seconds.

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

There's custom parameter "MAXEXPIRATION", it is set to 1800 by default. You can change it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.