• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Registration Failed Bad Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaskin

Customer
Reaction score
Greetings!
My Android Samsung S5 or S4, connects via wifi when on our local network but when I am external to the system, I get a registration failed, bad gateway error. I have to turn off wifi and use cellular data. The config file seems to point to the local private IP as opposed to the public IP when trying to access outside the local network. Where can I fix this in the management console?

Thank you!
Kim

Is this happening from more than one, remote, hotspot?

If it works over your mobile carrier then it should over a hotspot, it's using all of the same settings. I have seen issues if you are trying to use a local port that is already in use on the network.

What is the 3CX Server log showing after one of the attempted registrations. That might provide a clue as to what is going on. compare it to a successful registration over your mobile provider. Other than than the public IP, in each case, what is different?

It's possible that it is STUN related.

Hi there,

Furthermore did you try to connect via the tunnel ?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.