• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Registration failed, Cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbulles

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 3CX v8 running all day and most of the time everything works fine but.....sometimes I am unreachable on all my VOIP lines and see the following error in the log file:

Registration failed for [PORT/TRUNK/VOIPPROVIDER ], Cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal

When this happens in the mgmt console under PORTS/TRUNKS STATUS only red icons are visible instead of green.

After some time the icons turn green again....my internet connection has not been down during this time.

Also the different VOIP providers that I use which are configured in the PORTS/TRUNKS status are reachable when I use a softphone for the moment that the error message 408 appears.

What could cause this problem, or where could I start to troubleshoot this.

In v7 I did not have this kind of problem.

Usually, 408 appears if FQDN of provider's host can not be resolved using DNS.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but if the ports/trunks status show red, I am able to ping the host from my voipproviders for example sip.voipbuster.com or sip.poivy.com. So DNS resolving seems to be possible.

Most of the times after 15 minutes, when the next registration occurs everything works again fine for a few hours.

I never had this problem in V7.

What else could cause this problem? Or where to troubleshoot further.

In times like these I would normally recommend you would open a support ticket, not sure if you purchased support. But if you havent these are the steps that I would be taking to begin with:

I would personally start by looking at a wireshark capture, and see if a request for registration is being sent out and reply is coming back from the provider, that way you can eliminate the PBX or focus on it. Could you advise of the results of the wireshark capture.

I'm having the same problem with V8.0.11596.758. Only in my case, it doesn't seem to heal itself. A restart of all servers via the management interface immediately corrects it, though. The switch registers with the provider (Callcentric) right away. No reboot of the host computer, no other changes. It's too coincidental that it always corrects itself right away on 3CX servers restart. If it were DNS problems or connectivity problems or Callcentric problems or host computer problems, this would not happen 100% of the time like it does.

I wish I could get to the system in time to run ethernet packet traces. I'll try. But all I'm going to do is find some sort of smoking gun based on the above evidence :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.