Registration Failing after Cell signal attained

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zzyzxx71, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzyzxx71

We have a strong wifi network spread out over our entire facility, but we have weak cell signals from some carriers. I'm noticing an issue arising whenever a cell signal is attained, the 3CXPhone attempts to re-register, and sometimes fails.

Again - the wifi is very strong (full bars from all devices), this only happens when cell signal is gained, and then sometimes subsequently lost. There's definitely some connection with the cell signal and the reregistration.

Is there some way to stop this reregistering? it's more or less making the android client useless.

Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of phone(s) is this happening on? I don't recall this coming up before as Wifi and mobile frequencies should not conflict at all, so that, should not be the cause of any issues.

Are you attempting to use the 3CX phone over 3G services? This is the only thing that i could see (along with the 3CX, or phone phone settings on what service to use for registration) even remotely having an affect like this. With my handset, as long as there is a strong Wifi signal, it makes no difference if I loose the cell signal. 3G service is normally off, on my handset.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I use an iPhone in a city that is covered by 3g and 4g, I currrently still have the 3g device and if your at a standstill usually it woks no issue, as long as I have wifi no issues at all. Though on 3g I routnely loose registration however the tunnel stays open, maybe 4g will work better I havent had the opportnity to test as of yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zzyzxx71

it's a HTC Sensation 4g, although I've seen the same thing happen on an iPhone (AT+T of course) and a brand new Galaxy 3 series.

I may have a resolution, but unfortunately it'll require hands on each phone - the issue appears to have disappeared by disabling all power management features relating to wifi. On my phone I even had to install "Hidden Settings" (yes that's the name of the app) to make some of the options which were eliminated in Ice Cream Sandwich visible again.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are trying to use both 3G/4G and Wifi at the same time, you may have some issues if the phone attempts to switch between the two, it can't maintain both at the same time. Every time that happens, the 3CX connection will drop, then, at some point, re-register again with the PBX/provider.

How the phone handles the loss of a 3G/4G , or Wifi signal (switches between then), will be a function (option) on the phone.

Overall, with a strong signal from one or the other, it is best to only use that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.