• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Registration of two devices to one extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesSquire

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to be able to register to my usual extension when I am out of the office (on my iPhone SIP client).

When I tested this, it appeared to work, but after someone phoned me, I was unable to phone anyone else (403 forbidden). I was then unable to register (again, 403 forbidden).

I'm guessing 3CX doesn't like having two devices registered to the same extension...

The only way I can see this working is if I set up separate "remote" extensions and configure the forwarding as required (but I'd prefer not to).

Any suggestions?

During testing I have been using 7+ devices using the same extension id etc, not had any issues with forbidden errors.

Infact currently there are still 4+ devices registered as ext 400, and I have no problems recieving or outbound calls.

Suggest first recheck all the settings, and test one phone without the other and vice versa, then both togther if all else seems fine.

We plan of having 2 devices using one ID, so that PA's (personal assistants) can monitor/manage calls for their boss (oe even bosses). So on a Snoom 370 a PA could look after 5 other people using the 6 identities to cover their own line and 5 others, though most the clients needs revolve about PA's who are shared by no more than 3 "managers".

Good luck, be good to hear the outcome, as it affect our plans!
Richard

Hi,

Post the logs of a working call, and the logs of a non working one then we can try and understand why this is happening. I have 5 phone set up including acrobits on my iphone. Had no issues whatsover..

Hi,

Looking at the logs, it appears that as soon as extension 202 registers (with his iPhone) and attempts a call, it gives an "Unidentified incoming call" error.

I have registered with the same account elsewhere (using X-Lite from the same IP) and this doesn't happen.

Then, there's a "Requests rate from IP 194.72.121.18 is too high! Blacklisted for 334 seconds" error, which means no calls can then be made from either either of our iPhones.

The reason we're coming from the same IP is because we're using the same WiFi network.

I have attached a log of the bad call (Bria for iPhone) and good call (X-Lite).

Thanks.

Attachments

• 3cxLog_104913144916.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 3cxLog_100413150402.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 49
I believe you are having a problem almost similar to the one i had last week. After lots of troubleshooting what i did that resolved my problem was to do the following.

PBX FQDN: pbx.squire-technologies.co.uk

Go to Advance Setting ==> under Setting for Direct SIP Calls, check Allow calls to external SIP URLs, and then under Local SIP domain put squire-technologies.co.uk

Restart the PBX Services.

I hope that helps you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.