REGISTRATION OVER 3CX TRUNK

Discussion in 'iOS' started by black6, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black6

Hi All,

We are having trouble getting the 3CX V3 to register over the 3CX tunnel app on the iphone. The older 3CX IOS phone registered without issue, but since we have upgraded to V3 we can't register over the tunnel when out of office. Anyone had this issue?

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hy back6,

it has answered before, the new 3CXPhone 3 does not work with the app and will not make use of this product (now and later).
    The Tunnel was a nice try but unfo is something apple not clusters as an voip application and therefore no endless background mode..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. black6

Hi StefanW,

OK, so how do we connect the 3CX V3 remotely for our of office connections? I use this a lot over my 3G connection and I know many of our clients will do the same.

Regards,

4. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

If your particular network scenario does not allow you to connect 3CX Phone for iPhone/Android remotely without the use of the 3CX Tunnel Protocol, then you are left with 2 options:

• 3CX Phone for Android with 3CX Tunnel Protocol (built-in)
    • Get your phone to first establish a VPN to your main office before registering with 3CX Phone
    Having said this, I would first make sure that the Firewall Checker provides a clean result from the 3CX Phone System machine before giving up on using a remote 3CX Phone in "Direct" mode.

Regards

5. black6

Hi Kevin,

If we connect our iphones over our Cisco VPN with the Bria APP then all is well. We could also connect the old 3CX softphone client over the 3CX tunnel APP, its just the new V3 we are having trouble with when using the 3CX V3 and tunnel APP together. If I have understood correctly you are saying that the V3 does not work with the 3CX tunnel APP?

regards,

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It seems this is the case indeed - also lots of comments about this on the Release Comments (Blog).

7. complex1

complex1 Active Member

The new 3CXPhone 3 works well over WiFi AND 3G, at least over here in the Netherlands.
    We don’t use the tunnel app anymore because it won’t work with the new 3CXPhone 3.

8. Borreltje

Did you have to make any special settings? I an trying to get my iphone5 to connect over 3G in the netherlands, but so far no luck.
    my provider is KPN, it used to work with version 1.1.5 with tunnel, but with version 3 it is not working.
    If I first connect my VPN connection it works, but is it possible to get it working without VPN?

regards, Bor

9. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Bor,

I am using KPN also as my internet provider, so that’s not the problem.
    The problem is that almost all providers blocked port 5060 to discourage the use of VoIP calls over there network.
    There are several solutions to make calls via the internet: use of VPN, use of Tunnel or, and this is what I did, change the standard SIP port 5060 into something else.
    If you are going for this solution, you have to change the SIP port in 3CX and all extensions. Don't forget the router.

10. Borreltje

Aha, thanks for the advise, I'm gonna try that.

regards, Bor

11. Borreltje

Tried changing from port 5060 to 5062, and the iphones worked great over 3G.
    Only one thing, my Etech VPPH01 voip phone can not register when 3cx is on 5062.
    I did change the port in the etech setup, but the phone did not register, odd thing is, when I set 3CX back to port 5060,
    but left the etech on 5062, the phone did register!!???

so now 3CX is running on port 5060, but the phone is not! but is working?

any help woould be great.

12. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Goto SIP Protocol Settings in your phone and set
    Register port: 5062
    SIP Proxy: <IP address or FQDN>:5062
    Domain: <IP address or FQDN>:5062
    This should do.

13. Borreltje

Great! that works, thanks for the advice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.