Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Registration problems + evil echos!

Discussion in 'Android' started by Slow, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slow

Howdy folks,

So I was having the same registration problems others were with callcentric. I had downloaded pretty much every voip/sip software and was trying them all out. At first 3cx worked fine but then it stopped working at all and I tried many times to get it to register to callcentric. Including reinstalling etc. After reading here that it can work fine I dumped all the voip apps and loaded 3cx again and it started working, but only after a few more tries. This is on a motorola backflip.

Now that it's working, I have horrible echos. The one thing that I found that fixed it was to use the aLaw G.711 codec. However, it seems without the uLaw G.711 codec enabled, I can't receive incoming calls.

Any ideas?

2. Slow

I should add that the echo is occuring when called from the PSTN and is heard by the user on the PSTN side. My side seems fine. There is no echo on the android device. I also do have echo cancellation turned on.

The echo does not seem to be mic related.. eg its there even if I use headphones on my android phone, which should eliminate all causes of speaker/mic echo.

3. junjie

Just a note for the records. Maybe it might raise the interest of 3CX...

I'm using an Xperia X10 running Android 1.6, and also experiencing echo. The echo is heard on the other handset, indicating that the echo is being originated from the 3CX client. I've tried selecting the echo cancellation option and reducing the mic gain to the lowest value, but no success. The voice quality is also poor at times. I'm using G711a codec. I've isolated the 3CX client by trying different WiFi networks and also trying calls using the same accounts from SIP ATA on the same router.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is it a known issue to be fixed in later release?

Otherwise, I'm impressed with the stability of 3CX on my Xperia X10. Sipdroid was constantly hanging. I also prefer the 3CX dialler, however the slow keypress response is an issue (I see within this forum that a solution might already exist). Otherwise, looks promising!

4. sfire

I have the call issues solved. The Android OS itself was what needed the updating. After performing the upgrade the software works perfect.

I had the exact same registration problems prior to the upgrade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.