• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Registration problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamS

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently running the desktop version of this excellent app in a Win7 box with wireless connectivity (laptop), and it seems to be running just fine - staying up etc.

I also installed the Android version on an HTC Desire (with T-Mobile in the UK), which is connected to the SAME wifi router as the laptop.

The Android version refuses to remain connected - giving 'Registration Failed' some time after a successful initial login.

The reason I say that the Win7 app is OK is that it uses the same internet connectivity, same router, same broadband and same voip provider (OneSuite). So I 'assume' that router (DLink DIR-655 for wifi with an external modem (also with firewall!!)) settings are having no effect (NB I also just updated my wifi router firmware to the latest - just in case, modem was new last week ;) .

I have tried many (most ??) settings but cannot get this to stay up permanently - even when connected to a charger.

Wifi locked = always, registration timeout 300, keep alive 30

Anyone know why the Android version behaves differently to Win7 please ???

Thanks

Graham

Hi,
Did you manage to solve this problem?

I have the same issue. When I start 3CX it registers fine to our Zultys PBX over WiFi, however after some time sitting on my desk it will come up with registration failed and doesn't seem to automaticaly reconnect. If my phone receives a SIP call when it is in this state it rings, however I am unable to answer the call as it is "not registered". I checked the log in the PBX and there are no errors, or failed registrations from my device.

I do suspect it my be a phone WiFi issue as ocasionaly it will also flag an Exchange sync error.

I've just checked. When my phone goes to scren save it responds very slowly (>1000ms), or not at all. As soon as I wake it up it responds normally...

Hi,

Can you go to your Wifi Settings, press the menu button and go to Advanced?
There you should see a button regarding Wifi Sleeping Policy. Set it to never sleep and try again.

I have a similar issue, 3CX Softphone on the desktop works perfectly. 3CX on HTC Desire Z (using the same Wireless Lan) never registers.

Is it possible to enable any logs on the Android Version of the 3CX phone to see what is actually happening and finding out the reject code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.