Registration Problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TheBigEye, Sep 1, 2007.

1. TheBigEye

I just downloaded the newest Free version. Installed and then restored from my older version. Now, none of my lines will register. I keep getting this message saying that registration will be tried again in 120second... then 240 seconds... and so. It keeps doing this over and over again and never manages to register the connection. Anybody else have this problem??

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi,

Please post the console log here. And let us know which version for previous use then upgrade to build 2434.

Try to create a new extension, then see it can be register or not.

3. TheBigEye

It's not a problem with the extensions registering, it's a problem with the SIP lines not registering. I left it running over the weekend to see if it would register and after three days, none of my SIP lines registered. I can register the same line via a softphone without a problem, so I know it's not the provider.

4. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Restart the services of the 3cx phonesystems and see what happens. They should reregister. You can also confirm that networking is ok if you get a soft phone like xlite and configure it directly with one of VoIP providers. (You already did this correct?) After a backup always restart the services. At least restart the 3cx phonesystem service.
    Q - Does it resolve stun?
    Q - When you registered a softphone directly with the VoIP provider, did you check whether calls were ok?

Which VoIP providers are we talking about here? Just for Information purposes.

5. josvic

You can force to register individual SIP accounts inthe account settings.

But first of all you must trie to register these lines with a softphone and see what occurs... if all is OK... re-register your lines with 3CX.

Let us see your sip configuration is OK (port, stun....)

6. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

It depends which version you had before. There might be a small possibility of a problem during upgrade from older version. I only say this because we had a few issues. These problems did not appear when we tested this upgrade procedure but users report them. Install from the begining and configure everything manually or at least 1 provider and tell us what happens. I am very interested to see if this is a problem during upgrade, during a backup restore, or exactly where this problem starts from.

Regards.

7. TheBigEye

I was able to register the line with a softphone directly with the VOIP provider (Junction Networks for those that are curious).

I have restrated the services and even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole system a couple of times. I have manually created a new extension and then created a new VOIP connection with the same results. Stun works and it does resolve.

I have a copy of the older version ( i don't have the version number with me) which I will probably install and restore the backup to see what happens. I'll post my findings.

8. josvic

I Still waiting your post to see the results with a previous version of 3CX... its an interesant issue for 3CX people...