Registration Timeout 120sec vs. 10min

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi all,

I am occasionally experiencing a somewhat peculiar chain of events following registration failure, which, when it occurs, leads to the PBX being off-line for 10+ minutes at a time.

Here some log entries to clarify ...

00:41:12.546 ExtLine::Register [CM110004] Send registration for <sip:1777xxxxxxx@callcentric.com>
    00:41:12.546 ExtLine::Register [CM110001] Use External IP for device line registration DN='10000' device='Callcentric'
    00:31:12.296 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM113010] Next registration will be attempted in 10 minutes
    00:31:12.296 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM113006] Registration of sip:1777xxxxxxx@callcentric.com has failed; reason=Request Timeout
    00:31:12.296 ClientRegs::eek:nRequestRetry [CM113008] Registration attempt for Ln:10000@Callcentric is scheduled in 120 sec.

As you can see the PBX encounters a registration failure (timeout) and sets a time for retry.

Two questions:

1. Why does the escalation begin at 120 sec. instead of the usual 10, 30, 60?
    2. Why, within the same millisecond, does the PBX decide to wait 10 minutes, instead of 2?

Any info on how to prevent this retry abstinence from rendering the PBX useless for 10 minutes at a time would be appreciated.

NMN

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Timeout Issue -- I could really use some help with this ...

Bump ...

... still wondering why the PBX goes off-line for 10 min. instead of retrying in 10, respectively 120 sec ... *shrug*

NMN

3. bhavank

bhavank New Member

PBX don't goes offline only the particular voip line which is not being connected even after trying to connect 2-3 times, so it will try to reconnect the voip line again after 10 minutes...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Registration Timeout 120sec vs. 10min: Follow-Ip

According to the log I posted above (and others more like it) there were no 3 failed attempts before the 10 minute retry directive - just the one and, also as shown in the log, the same-millisecond-decision of the PBX to wait 10 minutes after initially starting the escalation at 120 sec., which in itself already indicates that at best one failed attempt preceded the 10 min. timeout.

NMN

P.S.: A VoIP PBX who's outside lines are not registered and thus not accessible for outside callers is 'off-line' in my customers' world as they often times do not see the subtle semantic differences you seem to enjoy. (SCNR)

5. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

My Mom, bless her heart, always said "You will catch more flies with honey than vinegar" Please remember that the majority of Forum members are here through the desire to assist, and are not paid employees of 3CX, they deserve respect.

If this is a bug in V3 it should be resolved in V4 in a few days. I have seen something similar in my personal installation but only in the "Free" or next-to-free VSPs I play with. My primary providers, two different VSPs, have not shown this issue ever. I have not been able to pin this glitch to 3CX since if it is indeed a bug, it should affect all my VSPs over a reasonable interval, not just the "cheapest"

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Registration Timeout -- "R.E.S.P.E.C.T."

Dear Mirzab,

while I respect both your opinion as well as your mother and her's, my mother always said "Respect is earned, not deserved".

I DO appreciate any helpful hints I receive here, but I am trying to run a business. If 3CX is not ready for the prime-time, and all indications are that it isn't, then maybe I am wasting my time here and should be looking to the competition for solutions.

I can always sell a $1500 PBX that works, never one for $350 that doesn't and I dont' need to make apologies for that attitude, as IT earns me the respect of my customers.

NMN

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Registration Timeout 120sec vs. 10min -- Confusing Question?

To all reading this thread ...

As a clarification and follow-up to the help (?) I have received so far:

The issue is NOT THAT the registration is dropped, but that 3CX will not run a proper escalation after it happened ONCE.

I am not trying to resolve the issue THAT the registration drops ( I am addressing this separately with the provider) I am trying to resolve a bug/systemic problems in 3CX relating to the facts that ...

a.) no escalation timeout is user selectable
    b.) multiple timeout messages and cycles are triggered in the same failure occurrence
    c.) occasionally the log (system, not sytem trace) will not even show a failure but only the re-registration/timeout cycles

Also, I do not consider my provider, Callcentric, with $0.02/min (in & out) and $2 DIDs to be the "cheapset" and neither do the many other satisfied customers and anyone having started a trouble ticket with them and seen their response would probably beg to differ, also.

Besides that I have verified that softphones WILL re-register immediately where 3CX will take a very undeserved 10-minute-nap ... ;) (I DO research before asking)

NMN

8. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Ouch! I will turn the other cheek now, don't ask which one :roll:

All the best in your business.....