Solved Registration to ThinkTel 403 From: URI not recognized; from IP:208.68.17.52:5060

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CX-User-CA, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CX-User-CA

Hi all,

I've setup the free demo 3CX and received a new sip account / login from Thinktel........ I can't register the sip trunk. I'm getting

[ Call or Registration to ThinkTel Communications has failed. sip:xxxxxxx@206.80.xxx.xxx:5060 replied: 403 From: URI not recognized; from IP:208.68.xx.xx:5060 ]

When we register new sip accounts with providers they ask for the IP, do we give them our 3CX fqdn or wan ip address? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with this.

#1 3CX-User-CA, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It will depend on what your provider wants, some do things a bit differently. In many (most?) cases, they supply you with the parameters to data-fill the trunk information, server address, proxy address (if used), port number(s), user and password. When 3CX makes the initial registration attempt, that is when 3CX will "tell" their server how to reach the PBX, be it IP or FQDN, depending on how you set up the PBX. Did they request your static IP, or FQDN for some sort of registration verification?

You may need to contact them, to confirm what it is, that they do not recognize.

3. 3CX-User-CA

I figured it out........

When you select thinktel for a sip trunk, the wizard pre populates the form with a register IP. And in my provisioning email from thinktel it only specified what the proxy fqdn is. So I entered the proxy fqdn for the register IP as well as the proxy ip, of course, and it connects now.

In the email it never said specifically, this is your register IP that's where I was confused i thought 3cx had somehow entered it for me. They should instead leave that field blank so its more obvious that needs to be correctly entered.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to heat the issue is resolved and thank you for the feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.