Registration to VoIP provider dies - Firewall issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mares, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mares

Hello,

We've been using 3CX since about version 5 with a US Voip provider. We've been using the standard 3CX template since offered and everything has worked great. We upgraded to 8.0.10824 and it seems that the line loses registration to the VoIP provider after a period of time. The VoIP provider no longer sees our system and calls don't connect until we login to 3CX and click "Refresh Registration" the registration period is set to the standard we've always used 3600, but the system doesn't seem to be renewing the registration at that specified time. (3CX Trunk Status still shows as registered, but VoIP provider does not see it.) We tried deleting the provider and creating a new one but we have the same issue. All services are running, and STUN is enabled. Any ideas on how to get this fixed?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Registration to VoIP provider dies

Have you asked them how often (the maximum time) they expect to see between registrations? Did the 3CX log in the previous version show that registrations were only taking place every hour and not sooner? I'm sure that 3CX will show a trunk as registered as long as the last registration was successful, however, if it is not as often as your provider wants (requires) then they won't consider your PBX to be registered. You might want to try shortening the time to 1800 and see what happens, check the log to verify.

3. mares

The provider suggests 3600 as the registration time period for registration and suggested the DNS provider that we are already using. This is the same as our previous setting and the same as the previous logs. After checking the logs, it seems that the system only registers to the provider (or logs the registration) when we click "Refresh Registration". I've turned up the logging level to see if this helps.

Interestingly we are using the 3CX Tunnel to another PBX and have no issues with it. It works perfectly.

Any other ideas? All 3CX services are started and components registered with no other issues? Is it possible this is an installation error?

UPDATE: I tried shortening the registration period to 1800, but the problem persists. Is there a way to get 3CX to log EVERY registration request sent? I thought verbose logging might do this, but I only see "forced" registration requests I make by clicking "Refresh Registration".

I also tried "enabling keep alives" even though we have static port mappings, this can't hurt can it?

4. zeke

I'm having the exact same problem. The event log on the computer also contains the following entry in this case:
    Code:
    [CM104001]: Registration at 'Provider' failed. Host 'sip:<username>@<ip-address>:5060' is not available!
    After refreshing the registration, it always works. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Which provider is this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I have some questions please

How do you know when the provider is unregistered? You try and call and it will not work?

Is it after a long period of Idle?

Can you send us the logs and the problematic provider? send this information to nb@3cx.com and I will see when the last registration was made.

Do you give it enough time to re-register on it's own?

Who is your provider?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. mares

SOLVED:

Not a 3CX issue.

We had an incorrect firewall setting that was closing the needed incoming ports. We declared a static and everything is stable.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the update on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.