Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Reload prompts from command line (linux)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Leonardo Tansini, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonardo Tansini

Hi, looking for a solution to have different prompts during the lunch time, I've written a bash script that change various WAV files prompts according to the day and time I need.
    This is not enough because, I think, there's a permanent prompts cache that isn't affected from the changed WAV till I restart the 3CX system.
    But this requires a quite long time.
    My question is: is there a way to reload changed prompts, to refreshing the cache, from command line so I can do it from directly from my bash script?
    Waiting some replies.
    Thanks in advance.

#1 Leonardo Tansini, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Why don't you this with PBX itself ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Leonardo Tansini

Is there a way in 3cx?
    I can't find it.

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can have inbound routes for in-office-hours and out-of-office-hours and have different prompts.
    If you need more time periods, create a dummy extension and use forwarding exceptions for specific hours to route incoming calls to digital receptionists, queues, where you can have different prompts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 sip.bg, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. Leonardo Tansini

So easy! Thanks sip.bg.
    I didn't know this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.