Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

reloaded 3CX and provisioned phones work but lack features

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ciscotech2007, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciscotech2007

Tried to ADD Voip provider (callcentric) and received errors during the add voip provider wizard. This in addition to the primary ticket issue led us to wipe the system OS and reinstall 3CX V7.4.477(last build before the latest release).

Reinstall resolved all issues. Considering 3CX was installed in a fresh OS load and the 3CX system was the only aftermarket software installed in the machine. No virus no spyware....

We will continue to monitor the new install. Another interesting note, our 4 polycom IP phones 330's were setup in 3CX provisioning on the prior 3CX system(before the reload of OS and 3CX). Whats interesting is that the OS and 3CX were reloaded and the phones registered after the hardware and software were brought back online. When we added the extensions the phones registered at their next REGISTER event(60 seconds for our testing).

Whats odd is the extensions came back up but several features including MWI(I am using small business edition license) and intercom. Considering the phones were provisioned by 3CX we figured when the system came back online the reloaded 3CX server would retain the provisioning features such as MWI and intercom(adding SIP headers for auto-answer).

But while the phones operate with normal functionality they lack the provisioning features such as MWI and intercom. Manual CFG file polycom procedures got the phones to register on 3CX but only AFTER I setup provisioning on the phones did I achieve MWI and intercom features.

I bet all I have to do is setup provisioning on the new 3CX server and apply them to the phones to get these features working again but I am curious why.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

HI

The MWI and intercom features are part of the paid features. Therefore the possibilities are as follows;

1. License was not activated at the time the phone registered.
    2. The license was registered but not all services were restarted.
    3. Phone had not yet re-registered after license activation.

Please advise if any of these would match the scenario in which you got this situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.