• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote access not working with Linksys WRT54G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

manistopit

Reaction score
Remote access not working with Linksys WRT54G2
My port ranges (application)RTP (start)9000 to 9015 (protocol) UDP (enable)
My port ranges (application) SIP (start)5060 to 5060 (protocol) UDP/TCP both (enable)
My port ranges (application) Tunnel (start)5090 to 5090 (protocol) UDP/TCP both (enable)
My port ranges (application) RTP (start)10000 to 40000 (protocol) UDP/TCP both (enable)

I enter everything right in order to enable remote access in 3cx sip phone and 3cx server ,But still not working

Somebody told me to check firewall log and Check what is happening with connections to port 5090 if they are being received and transferred ,I dont know how to do that
Can anyone help
Pleaseeee

I have the same router, with the same settings and it works fine. I might be able to help on this.

Are you having a problem with remote phones or remote access? It isnt fully clear to me from your post.

Thank you
Its with remote phones we are not able to get access its givine me error of
""error 408 request timed out""
otherwise in our office its working fine but not in remote access

still waiting

Sorry, It took me a few days to get a chance to test this.

I was able to register remote soft phones without any issues. How are you trying to configure them? Maybe you can attach a screen shot.

Are you familiar with Wire Shark?

@above
Thank you mate its all sorted now
But we are not getting voice at our pbx end ...remote access able to hear ring and our voice but we are not able to hear anything
I think its a STUn error
Need help thank you

You need to clearly define your issue.

(1) Do you need remote access to your 3CX web management console, meaning you want to connect to your 3CX management console from OUTSIDE your local area network?

OR

(2) Do you need to configure a remote extension, an extension that is NOT on your LOCAL AREA NETWORK that traverses the internet and connects and registers with your local 3CX server as a usable extension?

---------------------

(1a) Your ISP may not allow for port 80 traffic. Some ISPs will not allow this. You need to enable remote desktop if your machine is windows xp or windows server edition. Google 'enabling windows remote desktop'.

(2b) External extensions are not rocket science but are challenging. If you really need to configure this you need to reach out to a 3CX partner to help you to configure everything. You will need to have STATICALLY MAPPING ROUTERS on both ends as well as STUN servers to start. Tunneling service may help... theres more to it.

Thank you all we are able to sort it out now
Anybody need any help on relate to Remote access kindly contact me

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.