Solved Remote Access to Managment Console

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Norman, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman

I have recently installed ver 15.5.

I went through the configuration, we have all of our phones and extensions all working, the issue I am having is trying to access the management console remotely.

As 3cx is on a dedicated server during the install I had it listen on ports 80 and 443 for the management console. While connected via remote desktop I can open the management console using the FQDN created during install.

When I try to access that same FQDN from another computer I get the following error printed in the middle of the page (so I know it is coming from 3cx and not a generic 404 or 403 error:

"No login allowed to this portal."

I have looked through the configuration and so far can not find where the management console is blocking it. Can anyone shed some light on what I am missing?

2. 12494

12494 Member

Have you verified:
    1. Windows Firewall for specified ports
    2. Port forwarding rules in your LAN firewall
    3. IP blacklist

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Norman

All of those have been verified.

I am able to reach the 3CX management console remotely; but instead of giving the login screen the management console is displaying a message stating that "no login allowed to this portal". The 3CX flavicon is there, the tab renames itself to 3CX. So I know I'm hitting the server; just can't figure out where this message is coming from.

4. Archie Frederic

try this: "url/management"

5. 12494

12494 Member

And you are using the Admin login name, not an extension number for login name?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

isn't the manageent portal on 5001?

IE:

https://ip-or-name-of-box:5001

Don't forget to allow 5001 out from that box in the firewall.

7. Archie Frederic

This would depend on the port he use during the installation. 5000 and 5001 are just alternative ports, because there is a possibility that ports 443 and 80 would conflict to any other application in the network since it is a common port. But this does not mean you cannot use these ports. you could still use them provided that you can assure that it would never have conflicts in any applications.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  8. Norman

I tried adding /management to the url. still getting the message that "No login allowed to this portal."

But it works (going to the external URL) from the server 3CX is installed on.

9. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi @Norman ,

It seems that you are trying to connect to the Webmeeting FQDN of your installation and not the PBX FQDN.

If the domain you are trying to access remotely is ending in 3CX.NET then that's not the Management Console.

Since you have access to the dashboard via remote desktop you can easily find your FQDN at the top right section

fqdn.jpg

10. Norman

now I feel stupid. You are correct, for some reason I was trying to use the webmeeting domain. All is good now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.