remote access to vmails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dapatter, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dapatter

how does a user get access to their vmails remotely? can they not press pound when dialing there DID and get routed to 999 or something?

2. comresource

comresource Member

You could either map a DID directly to the voicemail extension or dial it from any IVR prompt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dapatter

Hi I have only 1 DID so first solution is not an option. How do I do the IVR solution? I would have thought there would have been a standard feature for this? press * or hash then your password, like most traditional pbxs?

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

IVR menu:
    "connect to extension" 999

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This option has been requested, as a feature, in the past.

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

IVR menu item "Connect to extension" allows you to choose any extension, extension of voice mail and extension of Conference gateway.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many users don't make use of the IVR, for various reasons. It would be so much easier to have access to your own voicemail in the same way you retrieve messages from even the most basic answering machine and many PBX's..

While listening to your outgoing message, you press * (or some key), be asked "please enter your PIN number and then the number sign (or "pound", if you prefer that term)", then hear "you have two messages, press * to play".........

8. dapatter

using an ivr defeats the purpose of having your extension ring, because you would be sending it straight to vmail......much better to do what all other vmail systems do...you ring the DID, then press * and password....any idea when this feature will be implemented?

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I think that it is a good subject for "feature requests" forum.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.