• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerhardKreuzer

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,
we get a small problem and I just tried to open the management console, but this time it won't start. I also don't want to restart the server now. The Server log tells me, that the Management console crashes .. Phone System basically works, but one of the extensions ringing but shouldn*t.

Is there any chance to start some kind of management console elswhere on a different computer, connect to that instance of 3CX and do admins work?

We have two systems running 3CX, so I have a running management console on another computer ready.

With best regards

Gerhard

Hello,

What version is your PBX? Are you running Abyss or IIS?

Do you get an error when trying to access the management console?

What operating system are you running the 3CX Phone System on?

We need these information to go on, but in the meanwhile check if the 3CX Phone system management console service is running and if you can restart it. Also check if the web server service you are using (Abyss or IIS) is running.

Additionally try to access the management console from a different PC within your network, although if you web server is down this should also fail.

Hi Yiannis,

first of all, the 3CX is running and phones are working.

I just restarted the server, still the same problem.

I found 'Kernelbase.dll' can't be loaded in the Event list of my Server, so there is a problem. Another program also struggles about this issue.

Now I want to ask, how I can administer the 3CX from another PC.

WebServer IIS, as far as I know.
3CX Version ?? No Chance to open the console, but there was an update we have to do, 3CX told us some time ago, and I think it is V11 now.

With best regards

Gerhard

When you click on the management console icon on your desktop a web browsers opens and it redirects you to the management consoles web interface. Copy the link from the browser and try it from another PC in your network.

In case the browser does not redirect you, right click on the 3CX desktop icon and navigate to properties you can find the web link there. Copy it and try from a different PC.

I would suggest though you run windows updates and install all updates especially those related with .NET framework
and C++ Redistributables.

Also if there is a different user account on the server try and access the management console from there.

Hi Yiannis,

first I tried another account, same problem: WebGUI doesnt work or something like that.

I copied the URL (http://localhost:5000/management) and replaced 'localhost' with my servers name. I was redirected to a page ending .wdg or something like that and than it fails. I tried the same with the IP address of my server, same situation.

With best regards

Gerhard

this looks like a problem with your web server and if so management console will not start from anywhere. Please confirm that you are running IIS or Abyss.

If you are running IIS navigate to the IIS manager console and check if the service is started for your 3CX site.
You could also navigate to the application pool tab and recycle your application pools. Then restart the service

If you are running Abyss the just check if your services are started within services.msc

Reminder: check windows updates, it is very important

Hi Yiannis,

we do some Service in the Server cabinet and suddenly a herd drive dies. So our raid ist critical now, new disks were on the way.
After that we have to start the Server and I used this Chance to update Windows, so we run about 57 updates.

After that all the console works but after one more restart ...

I saw that there were more updates waiting, hope I can do that this evening.

I will check IIS.

With best regards

Gerhard

.. ah, IIS managenent console didnt open ...

.. ok, It seems that IIS 7 is running here and the managemet console didn't start, any idea how to fix that, never had this Problem before

With best regards

Gerhard

Hi Yiannis,
I think I have found something essential:

As a drive brokes down, I tried to find out whats happen. Unfortunately, there was only a Intel-software which runs during startup and so I was not able to do something remote. It was some kind of BIOS of the raid controller itself.
After some ivestigation I found an Intel-software running on Windows and fitting to my raid controller. It is a Web-(Technology) based tool, like the 3CX management console.

Here the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... 1466399208

After installing this software, 3CX management console (the program or via browser or via other computer) stops workung. The Raid-Web-console works fine. It is also funny, that the IIS Management console also crashes.

It looks like, that this software changes something critical. Any idea how to fix.

Can I deinstall and reinstall the 3CX management Software somehow?

For the moment we can live with the current situation, but in about two weeks I have to alter the business hours in the 3CX, so I need some solution until 7.7.2016.

With best regards

Gerhard

Looks like the issue is with your windows machine and not the 3CX system. It is good that the PBX is still working but i would strongly advice you to perform a backup of the 3CX system, uninstall and re-install either to that machine if it's fixed or to another machine with a clean installation of Windows if available.

You should be able to perform a backup since you are in a older version and the backup utility lies outside the management console.

Hi Yiannis,

bad luck, the backuptool crashes with the same error as the Management console ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.