Remote Auto-Provision

Discussion in 'Android' started by semose, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semose

Greetings Everyone,

I feel like I must be missing something? I need to support some remote users in another country, and need an easy way for them to provision their Android phones. Obviously it is not ideal for them to be entering IPs and passwords. So I was really excited when I read this:

http://www.3cx.com/voip/configuring-3cxphone-for-3cx-phone-system-android/

Which states: "3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System will automatically send a provisioning request to the 3CX Phone System Server (NOTE: This works only when 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System is on the same LAN as that of the 3CX Phone System Server) and prompt you to wait for the administrator to send you the configuration or open the attachment from your extension welcome email."

However, whenever I send a welcome email, there is never an attachment. I am running 3CX Phone System v11 SP4 build 28976. Is there something I have to do on either the server or client to generate a welcome email with an attachment?

Or has this feature simply not been implemented yet?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Hey semose,
    The link you gave doesn't work anymore, but I think that was looking ahead to v12. I don't get attachments in v11, but I do in the new v12 alpha.

You can however grab the xml file out of the provisioning folder and manually mail it out yourself, or open port 5000 to the 3CX server and then they can click the link in the welcome e-mail for external users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.