Remote Client.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fgwing, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fgwing

Hi,

I'm trying to login Remotely using the 3CX as a SIP client can't seem to be able to do it. Same thing with X-lite. BUT using ZAP everything works fine and after I login using ZAP I am able to login with the 3CX client!! ZAP is very ugly otherwise I would just use it and forget the other clients.

Any ideas?

FG.

2. mickp

Do you have a stun server set on the client?

Seems odd that you'd be able to connect successfully after using ZAP.

Can you post the server status logs from a period when you're trying unsuccessfully to register and then when zap registers, followed by 3cx client successfully registering? That might offer some more clues.

Mick.

3. StillAlive

I have a similar problem. the only difference is that I'm kinda clueless apparently.

I'm trying to connect remotely to my PBX using X-lite (since the 3CX Client fails to install on my Vista Laptop).

I fowarded the following ports:

RTP: 9000 - 9015
    SIP: 5060
    Tunnel: 5090

I setup my account on X-lite using the extension info from 3CX and my public IP on my router. under "Line Status" on 3CX, my extension shows up as "Registered (Idle)" but when I try to dial to something like my voicemail, I get a message telling me the user is unavailabe. I know it works within the network using private IPs. my only guess is I'm missing some config on 3CX or I still need to foward something

any help would be really appreciated :)

4. mickp

Hey there,

Could you post your server status logs that relate to a call. This might provide some insight.

Mick.

5. StillAlive

Thank you Mick for the reply

thankfuly everything seems to be working now, I just restarted the server after doing that setup again.

either way, by what I said..does everything seem ok? or should I worry about anything else?

what I talked about with the ports and all may help the original poster hopefully

6. mickp

Hey StillAlive,

Everything seems fine from what you've posted. I'd try some call transfers between remote and internal users to confirm that everything is now okay. If that works I reckon you're good to go.

I agree. Your post could be very usefull to the o.p.

Mick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.