Remote Control Feature like a Teamviewer?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AllstarTech, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllstarTech

I was hoping after installing this new system that I could replace my use of Teamviewer or similar application with the remote control feature of the web meeting. There isn't a lot of documentation. I find it a little confusing to get working so I can test out the features.

1. Does the remote control client need to be installed on both the person controlling and the person being controlled?

2. What is the most seamless way to connect For the person wanting to be controlled to join a meeting and then request control?

3. Once you connect it seems as though its a view only option. I can see the person I am remote controlling but I can't seem to do anything. Is this all there is or am i doing something wrong?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AllstarTech

The remote control client needs to be installed on the person being controlled.

If it's just a quick meeting you can copy an paste the link and send it to the person you want. You can also use the invite participants button.

Once you connect to the person requesting assistance you should be able to remote control their PC not only view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.