remote.customerdomain.net cert expired

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pdq, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq

We renewed a customer remote web workplace certificate (remote.customerdomain.net). We need to update pbx certificate. The 3cx directions tell to to replace the two .pem files. I am having a difficult time converting the .p7b certificate that was exported with both private and public keys. My attempts using openssl are a blazing failure. How to I convert the remote.customerdomainc.netertificate.p7b to the two required .pem files? Do I just wack and reinstall with a backup or?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @pdq

as you have read you can replace the existing certificates with new ones without having to re-install as long as you have the correct certificates format. Even if you un-install and do not have the correct certificates then this will not work. The installer accepts .crt , .pfx and pem files.
    A quick google search yielded the following result:
    https://knowledge.symantec.com/kb/i...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1264523460902

3. pdq

pdq

and an encryption error, been there tried it along with twarte and others

4. datamerge

datamerge New Member

You can go here. https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html

I have used them before. Now I prefer to use openssl in Linux, but they always worked well for me. Of course these guys could be the biggest certificate identity thieves ever, so use at your own risk.

5. pdq

pdq

Tried these guys too, and they could have copied it all, but I get nothing except error , try openssl locally. Thanks for the asssit anyway, trying not to be a smart ass about this, more like a dumb ass.

6. pdq

pdq

I got it, I was thinking.p7b, not pbx. Gotta be smart as a ,,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.