Remote Ext STUN not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by STEVEYG_UK, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEVEYG_UK

Hi,

Can anyone help quite quickly at all please?

Apologies if posted in wrong place. I'll try and keep this brief and to the point.

Problem:- Remote Ext not working at home site
    Background:-

Office
    SBS 2011 Server
    3CX v12
    Have 4 ext onsite, 1 remote smartphone and 1 remote ext at home.

Office router is configured and works fine with the following ports;-
    SIP ALL 5060 5060 <int ip of office 3cx server>
    3CX RTP UDP 9000 9049 <int ip of office 3cx server>
    3389 ALL 3389 3389 <int ip of office 3cx server>
    5000 ALL 5000 5000 <int ip of office 3cx server>
    3CX Tunnel ALL 5090 5090 <int ip of office 3cs server>

HOME
    Sky SR102 router - NO RULES SET - as not sure if it needs anything setting from this side?
    SNOM 320 phone IP 192.168.0.36 reserved using Sky's DHCP

What have I done so far?

I have gone to Snom phone and entered ADVANCED > UPDATE the configuration URL from the 3cx - http://ext IP of office:5000/provisioning/jsxxxx7s (have put x's randomly for security). Clicked save and waited for over an hour nothing.

So factory reset the phone - now it won't let me enter the URL it is greyed out.

Can someone please steer me in the correct direction - thank you.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not familiar with the router, but doing a quick serach came up with a few "hits", like this...
    http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/technical-discussion/56087-replacing-sr102-advice-needed.html

This leads me to wonder if the router is compatible with another VoIP service. If the router is designed to support phone service provided by Sky, then local ports usually used by SIP devices (5060.5061,etc.) may not be usable by any of "your" devices, if that is how they have been set. I would do some research on whether or not, changes have to be made to the router, or worse case, replacing it, if possible.

3. STEVEYG_UK

I haven't configured any ports nothing on the remote site SR102 (home) only the office which is Solwise router.

Office router is configured and works fine with the following ports;-
    SIP ALL 5060 5060 <int ip of office 3cx server>
    3CX RTP UDP 9000 9049 <int ip of office 3cx server>
    3389 ALL 3389 3389 <int ip of office 3cx server>
    5000 ALL 5000 5000 <int ip of office 3cx server>
    3CX Tunnel ALL 5090 5090 <int ip of office 3cs server>

Home
    <nothing set>
    Snom 320 phone with static IP trying to provision using URL - http://ext IP of office:5000/provisioning/jsxxxx7s

Questions - Do I need to configure anything on Home SR102 router?
    2 - Whilst awaiting a reponse, I flashed the Snom 320 to the latest version - and now I cannot enter a URL to provision - the box is greyed out when using the Web Console?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What, I'm suggesting, might, be happening, (and , again, I'm not familiar with that router, or it's features/limitations) is that, if, for example, you assigned local port 5060 to the phone, it could be that it is being "intercepted" by the router for "internal" use. Are there telephone sockets on the back of the router?

You could assign the phone a static, local IP, then forward the port (5060?), that you have assigned to the set, to it's IP. If the router doesn't permit this, then there is a good chance that it (5060) is reserved for internal use. In that case you could try something higher such as 5070.

5. STEVEYG_UK

Ok, I see. However what I am still unsure of here, do I need to configure any RULES on the home side router Sky SR102?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's the router, that I was referring to. To "forward" a port, is generally a "rule" on a router.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

have you just tried setting up with a sip server, userid and password?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. STEVEYG_UK

LeeJor - I am aware of how to setup rules etc, what I don't know is what rules I need from the home router to talk to the 3cx server back in the office? Can you help please?

Craig - I am new to 3cx and learning very quickly. Currently watching a lot of videos where I can. Can I ask what that is and would it be suited for my home?

9. STEVEYG_UK

I have it working.

I had to add the following rules on my home router Sky Sr102 -

SIP - 5065 TCP UDP >> ip phone
    RTP - 1400..14009 >> ip phone
    5000 TCP / UDP >> ip phone.

Thanks for all your help.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

With other "remote" routers, when required (if there were more than a couple of devices), I have forwarded the local port to the static IP of the device, in your case 5065. I'm not certain that port 5000 requires forwarding as it is used at the PBX end for presence. The audio ports shouldn't require forwarding, but, your router may have some "issues" that requires it, and if it works for you.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.