Remote ext - What ports need to be forwarded?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by charlief, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlief

I am getting either very unreliable registration, or no audio on registration for a remote extension. I have tried a Linksys PAP2 and Xten Eyebeam. The extension is registering over the internet and the IP on the remote ext is the static address of 3cx. I currently have

TCP and UDP 5060-5069 and 3389 (for remote desktop)
    UDP 9000-9050
    TCP 5090

The new 3CX phone works in tunnel mode, but otherwise not.

I think this is a port forwarding issue. Does anyone have the complete list of ports to be forwarded and is stun neccessary? A video nugget suggest demostun.3cx.com. Is this the right stun server to use?

I am running version 6, it is on a static IP, internal extensions work fine, and as mention the 3CX phone works in tunnel mode (only).

Charlie

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

The ports you list in the post are the ones you need forwarding on.

For the Remote Ext scenario the 3CX server and the remote IP phone will need to have STUN enabled. The server demostun.3cx.com is for demo purposes only. We recommend that you use other STUN servers, as recommended by your VOIP provider.

Let us know once you have enabled STUN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlief

I can`t see why I would use the stun server for my VoIP providor - surely that has nothing to do with the connection between the 3CX and the extension? Are you saying that any stun server will do? What about stun.3cx.com?

4. Henk

Henk Member

STUN, is used to translate your internal IP to something the rest of the world can understand. This is required if you use NAT.

STUN is not required for internal traffic as you do not have to translate the IP address.

Yes any stun will do, i found stun.3cx.com a bit jumpy from where I live so I found one closer to my location. I suggest you do a search in the country and see if you can find a stun. They are in general public type servers.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.