• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote Extension BLF

Status
Not open for further replies.

risaw1981

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm probably asking a really stupid question but this is my situation.

I have a customer with 5 remote extension in their office connected to an off site 3CX server, everything is working beautifully except the BLF lights (busy/available) this is causing issues as the user cannot see whether a colleague is available or not, they don't like using the 3CX Windows Phone as they are pretty old school. Are there ports I have to forward on their router to get this working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Darren

With 5 remote extension behind one remote router, you may find that using the 3CX proxy server would improve things. As far as port forwarding, in most cases, this isn't necessary and about the only port you can forward with confidence is the SIP port (5060, 5061..etc.) of each device (i assume that each extension has been assigned a unique port number), and that is only if the sets are assigned fixed local IP's.

I've found that without using VPN, or the 3CX proxy server, when using more than a couple of extension remotely, may result in issues, depending on a number of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.