Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Remote Extension Clarification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Is this a VOIP phone or softclient installed on a PC that is located at a remote site and connected to a local network there

A remote extension is not a softphone on a smartphone, tablet whose extension is one at the location where the 3CX server is located

Am I correct

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

It could be a smartphone/tablet if they are not on WiFi at the Office where 3cx Server is located. Doesn't have to be at a remote location - could even be someones home. I have an extension at home because I often work there several days a week.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If a device, has an IP assigned by a router (DHCP server) other than that one that the 3CX server is behind (same LAN), then it is remote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.