Remote Extension (Linksys 3102)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CARLOSCHIANGBADANI, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CARLOSCHIANGBADANI

Hi
    I need help for my PSNT Line
    I have a remote extension (Linksys 3102) in my home conected with a PSTN Line (Verizon) and the 3cx v.7 is running in my office. My extension works great with the VOIP Lines, internal and external calls. But the pstn (Verizon) is not working. I have no incoming calls and outgoing calls. When I call to PSTN Number I can't reach the Digital Recepcionist.
    The PSNT is registered in my IP PBX (green light). I made a Outbound Rule for use the Verizon line and I tried different configuration but it’s not working. I wanna use that pstn line from my office and from my home.
    Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I take it you are trying to register the 3102 as a "remote" trunk" (FXO port). Has the router at the 3102 end got the needed ports forwarded to the 3102? Is that end a fixed IP? The settings for a trunk in 3CX want the IP of the gateway (the 3102), it's usually a local IP, when you try to set one up on a different network you will have to put in the public Ip at the 3102 end (along with the port). If the 3102 is behind a router then you must forward the ports to the 3102. If you don't have a fixed Ip you will have top try DDNS service that is usually included with most routers, so that 3CX knows where to send calls. There is a syslog function in the 3102 that will send all the messages to a computer running a syslog programme (free one at Kiwi Syslog, google it). It will help you diagnose why it isn't working.

3. CARLOSCHIANGBADANI

Thanks leejor por your help.
    The PSNT Line is registered in my IP PBX. The problem is when I try to use that line doesn't ring.
    I did the outboound rule for that line.

Attached Files:

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

OK, so the 3CX logs show the call trying to connect but getting "no answer". Are you sure you have the FXO port of the 3102 set up properly? You may be missing a step. Maybe one step dialing? Have you tried turning on the syslog on the 3102 and sending it to a computer on that newwork that is running a syslog server? That would give you some hints as to why it's not answering.

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

"Remote" gateways (i.e using PSTN gateways in a remote site) are not tested nor supported with 3CX. Its probably possible to make it work, but you would need to know the gateway, 3CX and the firewall very well to be able to make it work.

Just saying it might not be worthwhile your time. If you must do it i would suggest you use a voip provider template to access the linksys, i.e configure it as it was a voip provider.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. KeithB

Have you tested the SPA3102 at the office to ensure that you can make calls with it on the local network. I currently have an SPA setup at home via an IPSEC VPN to the 3cx in the office and it works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.