Remote extension not dialling out!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

Hi,

I need some help please.

I have a remote extension, it registers and I can call it from the office and it works perfectly.

However the remote phone can't make calls. Each time you dial, it's as if the phone isn't registered and the call goes no where.

I would attach the log, but it doesn't show the dial attempt. To make matters worse, it won't allow me to even dial voicemail

As usual probably something simple, but I'm new to this!

All help therefore greatly appreciated.

Iain

2. komputer

Sounds like firewall/router issue, did you perform the firewall test under Settings on the 3CX Server?

Also try the 3CX Soft Phone at the remote location with the tunneling option and see if that works?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Depending on the phone model, there may be an issue with the internal (sets) dialplan preventing the digits you are dialling from being passed to 3CX.

4. willow

willow Member

If its not showing the dial attempt in 3cx then the phone is either not registered fully or it has an internal dial plan line someone said that is stopping it. Sip phones are a little more confusing then regular phones as the phone will appear to be working and give dialtone without even being registered. Make sure the phone is really registered you should be able to see this via the web admin of the phone or through the 3cx extensions view as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mfm

mfm Active Member

If the invite isnt reaching the PBX, then something must be blocking it. If you are able to call the phone it looks like the register packet has arrived ot the pbx so that allready a step forward.

1. Run the firewall checker just in case however it is going to turn out clean.
    2. Run a wireshark capture and try and dial see if you see a sip packet coming from that IP at all.
    3. Check the firmware of the device and ensure it is in line with ours.
    4. If all else fails factory reset the phone and set it up again being exteemly attentive of the guide.
    5. IF you simply still cannot get it to work, use 3cx tunnel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. haywardi

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

It'll be a couple more days before get to the remote site to try your suggestions, but will let you know how I get along.

Thanks for your help so far.

Iain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.