• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote extension not ringing first or second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyisherwood

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for reading.

I have set up a hardware VPN between two locations using a pair of DrayTek 2820's. VPN is fine with a constant connection.

Head office has a Dell box running a 3CX server (latest version)

I'm using SNOM 821's and 870's as phone of choice.

Within the head office ip range (192.168.30.0) all extensions work fine, call groups and everything.

Remote office (192.168.1.0) 821 registers and shows a green light with the 3cx but only ring after 3 or 4 attemps. This is not just for call to the remote office but when that extension ring an extension at head office.

I have also used a different extension number and a SIP .app on an iphone with same results.

Any help would be great.

Jeremy.

Hi Jeremy,
I have not had problems with using VPNs with Draytek 2820s. Customers use them all the time.

Please let us have a log to show what happens.

Thanks
Richard Crabb

Sure, what logs would you like?

Hi Jeremy,
Go to the server activity log and copy parts out of it that relate to the calls concerned. That will be a great help.

Richard

the external extension is 135.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 3cxLog_101612161639.txt
    10 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRNC IT Infrastructure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.