Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

remote extension snom m300 no sound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andy1805, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy1805

Hi,

first please excuse my bad english. We just changed the office, the pbx (3cx v15) stays in the old office. Our snom m300 is provisioned (external stun, no sbc) , but for incoming calls there is no sound at all. If i call s.o. outside, everything is fine. for the softphone on my pc it is exactly the different thing. I can answer incoming calls, sound is ok but if I make a call outside, there is absolutely silence!
    Do s.o. know what could be wrong?
    Regards
    Andy

2. TCF

TCF

Have you checked your firewall and configured NAT properly? When I had this issue in the past it always turned out to be a Firewall or Routing issue.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are the Snom and the softphone both at the same remote location? Using the same extension number, or different? Any other extensions/SIP devices, behind the same router? Are the devices set to use a static , private IP?

It may be a port "mapping" issue with the router at the remote end. Some are better able to keep track of which voice ports are to be used with each device.

As suggested, confirm that the port forwarding is correct at the server end, using the 3CX firewall checker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.