Remote extension Yealink W52P loosing registration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Igor Vitorac, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igor Vitorac

Hello experts,

I have several W52P phones provisioned as STUN at the remote locations (each phone at separate location). One or 2 phones from time to time become unregistered and they don't want register again, unless rebooted. Phones are provisioned according to 3CX STUN guidelines for W52P.

I have tried to login to phone web interface and tried to register, but the status says: Register Failed. In the dashboard I can not see the registering attempt.

Interesting thing is that sometimes 3 LEDs on the phone base are ON, and the extension is shown as Up (on my mobile with different extension, and from Dashboard), however phone is unregistered.

Running latest 3CX 15.5.6354.2
    Phones running firmware version: 25.81.0.10

I have found in the W52P Phone configuration the following parameters (this is taken from 3cx provisioning template):
    Server Expires = 120
    Server Retry Counts = 3
    --> Does that mean that it will try to register after 120 seconds and it will give up after 3 attempts?

--> How can I troubleshoot the reason for not being able to register the phone again?

--> Is it safe to change the following parameters: 'SIPPINGPERIOD' and 'EXPIRATIONGRACEPERIOD' ? I have found proposal in the following thread:
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/yealink-remote-phone-unregistering-after-30-minutes.20959/

Many thanks,
    Igor

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Igor,

Login to the W52 base station you are having issues with and trace from here (once it is in one of its states of being un-registered):

There are only 4 steps you need to do:

1. Set the syslog level to 6 -> reboot the base.
    2. Start to capture the Trace -> reproduce your issue -> stop capturing the Trace -> Export PCAP
    Trace
    3. Export config.bin
    4. Export level 6 syslog -> check the syslog level

This should give a much clearer idea of what the issue might be (look at the logs using Notepad ++).
    I would recommend you do this before changing these parameters.

3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Igor Vitorac

Hello eddv123,

I will try to see if I can do it.
    Problem happens in irregular intervals and it is hard to predict when it is going to happen (example once in a week)

--> Is it safe to leave capturing with syslog level 6 for many days?

Thanks,
    Igor

5. Igor Vitorac

6. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

If it is that infrequent then personally I would wait until the next report and then make the capture, I guess the key question is that when it de-registers, does it re-register again at any point ?

Basically are you allocated enough time to login and make the trace ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.