Remote extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by armandik75, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armandik75

Hi,

I am trying connect remote extension to my 3CX PBX. My PBX is behind a NAT has IP address 192.168.1.14, phone (remote extension) is also behind a different NAT. I'm using Patton 4638 Gateway with Public IP address as a router to connect to Internet. There are configured NAPT, with full-cone UDP translation. I have enabled STUN on the phone, remote extension is succesfully registered in PBX (behind a Patton router). If I call this extension from my phone (on the same private network as PBX), call is established, but I can't hear anything. In oposite direction (from remote ext. to ext on the same private network as PBX) call cannot be established. Firewall checker does complete successfully.

Can anybody help me? :)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

My first guess would be a problem with the router at the "remote" location not getting packets to the set. the use of STUN will usually overcome these problems but not always. Make sure that the set has a unique port number behind the router. Since the call to the remote set is established it probably isn't that. For some reason the voice packets can't get through. Some problems can be related to a router that doesn't play well with SIP or there might be a setting that needs to be changed to allow SIP to work. Are there any other SIP devices working behind the "remote" router?

To determine, if, in fact, it is a problem with the remote router, if you can, disable STUN on the set and bypass the router allowing it to get a public IP.

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Following antagonisms are detected in your description:
    1. full cone NAT is configured and remote extension can reach PBX to register itself, but cannot reach it to make call.
    2. full cone NAT is configured, but audio traffic is not delivered to PBX.

If you post PBX log for calls mentioned above, then somebody will be able to help you or to ask you further questions which will clearify real situation with NAT. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.