• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewhite

Reaction score
Hi I am getting problems on setup remote extension with Cisco SPA303.
Problems:-
1. Remote extension cannot receive call but able to call outsider and other extension
2. No voices on both sides (caller and receiver)
Log results:-
1.Call to sip:xxx(reomte extension)@192.168.xxx.xx (server internal IP) has failed; Cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal
2.No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=192.168.xxx.xxx:16472(SPS303 local IP),extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=192.168.xx.xx:8010(server internal IP)

I am working on 3CX phone system version 10, 1 PSTN and Skype connect, assuming all related ports: 5060,5090,8000,9000 had been opened on both routers.

Please help and advise if there is something I missed on setup.

You must permit using the extension outside of LAN, if not made, and you must select 'PBX delivers audio' in extension settings. If you don't have result the problem most probably is the firewall of the remote site.

whitewhite said:
I am working on 3CX phone system version 10, 1 PSTN and Skype connect, assuming all related ports: 5060,5090,8000,9000 had been opened on both routers.

Please help and advise if there is something I missed on setup.

Hello,

First off refer to this document for ports as 8000 is not used by 3CX and UDP9000-9049 need to be forwarded not just 9000.
double check your settings and check out this article on port forwarding. http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

Thanks,
Nate

Thanks for your replies and advises.
I has permitted using the extension outside of LAN, and selected 'PBX delivers audio' in extension settings.
For port 8000, it is advised to open by Skype Connect as I previously experienced problems with their connection. And I as mentioned before, port 9000 has already opened on both routers. Any further suggestions please?? I believe and agree that there is something missing on the router of remote location. BUT I can't locate it.

Hello again,

You mentioned you opened Port UDP 9000, did you open Port 9000 to 9049? these are the RTP ports for audio.
And you need to open all 50 of those ports.

Thanks,
Nate

Hi Nate,

Already opened those ports 9000-9049. I tried many settings which I learn from here. Toady, I tried to DMZ the SAP303 but still got the same results.
I have no clue what's going wrong. Hope someone can give me some idea.

Thanks

whitewhite said:
1.Call to sip:xxx(reomte extension)@192.168.xxx.xx (server internal IP) has failed; Cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal
2.No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=192.168.xxx.xxx:16472(SPS303 local IP),extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=192.168.xx.xx:8010(server internal IP)

Is the public IP of the remote extension hidden (did you X it out ?) in there somewhere? It should be shown, not just a private IP of the far end, or I'd suspect that you don't have STUN enabled on the set. It needs to be.

You don't have to configure anything on remote router regarding ports - this can only create problems.

At remote site you should have access to the public address of the 3CX server (i.e. the router) and also to stun.3cx.com (ping, traceroute). Under normal firewall conditions, this is enough for operation of remote extension(s).

Have you tried running the 3CX softphone at the remote site (with tunnel or without tunnel option) ?

Regards

Thanks for your replies.

Actually, I am not using fixed IP, it changes when I reboot my router. So, I update the IP on server and SPA303 whenever it changes. BUT, I am getting confuse on decide using of STUN setup. Previously, I got problems in connecting Skype Connect and talked to their support. They advise me to turn the STUN off. Well, my connection really goes through when it is off. Also, according to some advises I got from this forum, they advised not to using STUN.
Anyway, I try now to turn STUN ON on both services and SPA303, my SPA303 shows "CheckingDNS" up to now. The connection is still waiting. Is it the problems??
One more question: I input the updated public IP on both "Public IP to specify in contact and SDP" under STUN server when I turned the STUN OFF, is it right?

Actually, I can use my andriod mobile with 3CX, it works without using STUN or using STUN

I didn't caught the entire picture of your network setup, but STUN may not work correctly in some network environments.
Generally you may can connect remote extensions without configuring STUN to 3CX server v.10 (due to special settings: 'ALLOWSOURCEASOUTBOUND', which will work in most environments). What's the answer to the question by leejor:

leejor said:
Is the public IP of the remote extension hidden (did you X it out ?) in there somewhere? It should be shown, not just a private IP of the far end, or I'd suspect that you don't have STUN enabled on the set. It needs to be.

Have you tested 3CX softphone at your remote site connecting to 3CX server (with or without STUN, with or without tunnel)? The other option is to analyze what's going on with Wireshark. The safest option is, if your 3CX softphone is working at the remote site), to use either a 3CX Proxy Server, or to implement a tunnel between the main and the remote sites.

Regards

whitewhite said:
Actually, I can use my andriod mobile with 3CX, it works without using STUN or using STUN

If the Android device is running over 3G then your phone is assigned a Pubilc IP, it's not running behind a router and STUN won't be necessary.

When the remote device registers, in the 3CX log, you should be seeing a public IP, otherwise 3CX doesn't know how to reach the set, makes sense, yes?

STUN may or may not be necessary at the 3CX end.....and, there is a setting to change (that has been brought up recently, have a look at SY's post in this thread.. http://www.3cx.com/forums/no-incoming-calls-19487.html#p103183 ) that may eliminate the need to use STUN on remote devices...BUT, the 3CX log still needs to show the public IP of the set, not a private one, or no go.

Hi Thanks for your replies and helps. Problem finally solved after STUN ON.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.