• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

remote extensions combined with soft phone and assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman574

Reaction score
I have a remote location that I want to make a mixed environment. I have 6 Cisco SPA504G phones and I want to use the softphone with 2 of the computer at the same location. I know that my setup may sound a bit messy but this is how I have the cisco phones set up (it is the only way they will all work)

SPA 1 sip port 5061
SPA 2 sip port 5062
SPA 3 sip port 5063
Etc,etc

Then in the remote router I have port forwarding set up to forward each of the ports to the respective static ip of the phone.

For more than a week that work flawlessly, with no outages and not problems. Then 2 days ago I installed the 3cx assistant and 1 softphone in the office to see how it would react. It was not an instant issue but eventually they started to have dropped calls, and hard phones that would not register. I went and removed the softphones and assistants from the computers and they are back up with no issues.

Unfortantly I have not tested the softphone and the assistant by themselves to see which one is causing the issue but that will be my next step.

The softphone was using the tunnel and the basic settings. Do you have any suggestions on how to handle this. Should I work with advanced settings and port forward to a different sip port and forward to the ip address of the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angel4781
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.