Remote Extensions (intermittent fault)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nizzy99, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nizzy99

Good Evening Folks,

I have a question for you (generally the reason people are on here)

I have configured a Cisco SPA502G Handset using the below instructions to work at our other office which shows as being registered on the system management and also shows as being connected on the handset (intermittently) it seems that every 15-20 seconds the phone drops at the handset and as a result I cant make a call 15-20 seconds later and it re-connects.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

Could anyone advise of what potentially could be causing this, is the keep alive of 15seconds too long in my case?

I have managed to get the iphone app provisioned and working remotely so I know the server/PBX side is ok.

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Something wrong with your setup or your LAN.
    Try disabling auto-provisioning and auto-firmware-upgrade in your SPA phones.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nizzy99

eagle2,

thank you for your reply, ill give that a try and see how I get on, I have manged to get the softphone working on my laptop and the app working on my iPhone so I would imagine my Lan config should be fine.

appreciate your time.

4. nizzy99

Eagle2,

I tried as you suggested and now have a consistent connection, can now make a call remotely.

Thank you for your response.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.