Remote extensions only work 1 at a time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zman574, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zman574

I have been working on some remote extensions and running into a very strange issue. I configured one phone cisco spa504 to work with 3cx at the office yesterday. I brought it home and had to change some dns info to get it to work from home, I then went to work on programing the other 10 phones I had to work on. To make a long story short the other phones would not register on the 3cx or failed. Finally I unplugged the phone that was working and reset my router so with the other phones still plugged into the network, once the phones rebooted like magic 1 of the phones registered, i plugged back in the working phone and it fails to register. I then unplug the working phone and the phone that was working and now failing and I reset the router again and you guessed it another new phone comes up and is running. Does anyone know of a router issue that would allow only 1 phone to work at a time and is there a solution beyond just replacing the router?

Thanks in advance.

zim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello,
    I Think you need a router can do full cone NAT

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is def no restriction to allow one phone at a time. Definitely not. I think you have a problem at network level.

Or configuration of the phones. Try with the 3CX Phone and see what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zman574

I have ordered 5 new routers that have full cone nat enabled, I am going to test them this weekend and will reply back as soon as I get some more results with the issue.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

what routers did you order? We test with a lot of routers here. i could have assisted you choosing 1.

6. zman574

because cost was an issue since we had to purchase 5 of them we found some refurbished netgear wrt2000v2 for under $40.00

7. zman574

I just finished testing the WRT2000v2 from netgear. Very easy router to work with and it worked after only a few trys to get the settings correct I was able to get 2 extensions working at the same time.

On a second thought I am a little concerned about using this as the router for the entire network because of issues allowing any connection through the NAT so I have decided to install zone alarm firewall on each computer on the network so I can prevent the network from being compromised. Does anyone know of any other issues that I need to deal with in order to make this network secure?

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It does not have a firewall built in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.