• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote free calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanjeto

Reaction score
Hi,
I hav a Linksys SPA3102 and would like to know if I can do this with or without 3CX.
At home (France) I have a provider who provides me with a SIP phone line. Basically I would like to be able to call home get the tone and call another phone number. For example if my home phone number is 0112345678 I would like to do this:

From any mobile call 0112345678 Pause 001 4567890

Do you think it's possible?
Thanks

You have to have two phone lines to do this, a VoIP line and a POTS line. It can be done in a round about way through the voicemail menu with 3CX, 3Cx doesn't have a DISA (direct inward system access) option unfortunately. I can also be done just using the 3102 alone. If you use just the 3102, the PSTN line has to be registered with your VoIP provider and the local PSTN line gets plugged into the "Line" jack. There are features on the 3102 to allow for PIN access to the POTS dialtone, or access can be granted based on caller ID. If you take this on, be prepared to do a lot of trial and error, and patience, to get it working smoothly.

Thanx a million. will give it a shot.

Post back how you make out. I had an SPA3000 set up for remote dialtone access a few years ago using a free (at that time) VoIP provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.