Remote Handsets dropping Transfered Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by its2, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its2

Good afternoon all;

I have just set up a single remote handset to work with 3CX 10, i can make calls within the phone system to all extensions and also to numbers externally.

My problem is this:

When a call is taken from someone calling externally by Reception the intension is to transfer the call to me. when the call is transfered there is a strange sound and the call is dropped. has any one else come across this?

On the remote handset i can see the external number come up on the Grandstream GXP2000 display. I noticed the number is displayed as 4478111111111 (international code in front of number) im not sure if this could have something to do with it?

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3x logs (verbose mode) may give an explanation at to what is happening. I assume that you are able to answer "regular", internal calls on that set with no issues?

There are no restrictions "ticked" under that extensions options in 3CX regarding outside calls?

What is the remote set-up like? A set by itself behind a router? Any chance of a port (5060) conflict at the remote site? When the set registers, what does the 3CX log show for the sets IP/port? Do you see the remote public IP, along with the sets port, or do you see a private IP?

3. its2

Hi Leejor;

Thanks very much for your help, you lead me to look in the "Other" tab on the extension..

The box that says "support re-invite" was selected... Once unchecked, everything worked as expected

Thanks again :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.