Remote Monitoring of pbx question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dantell, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dantell

Does anyone know of a service or software/hardware to handle remote monitoring of phone system uptime? I can setup LAN remote monitoring, but am wondering about a way to check the PSTN lines intermittently.

thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using VoIp gateways on the PSTN lines, to see if they are still registered? The ones that I've worked with, Linksys and Grandstream allow you to log in to the IP of the unit and retrieve the status. Anything to do that sort of thing automaticly would have to either come from the manufacturer or be custom designed for a specific product. i would think...

3. dantell

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping more for monitoring of the inbound pstn lines. I use my voip lines for outbound calls, so if they are down customers arent affected so much. I suppose i could put an old fashioned answering machine on the inbound lines and record messages if the pbx is down.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So you want something to intercept (answer) the call if the PBX is unable? I would think then that an answering machine, set to the maximum rings, would be a cheap way to handle this. Other than logging into the PSTN gateways there would be no easy way to know if calls weren't able to get through. maybe there are some gateways that are able to email any status change??? That could be a useful feature!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.