Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Remote Office Connectivity

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rascott757, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rascott757

Once I have the PBX set up on this end, what will I need to have a remote office (extension) dial in and register with the PBX over the internet?

2. Watashi_FR

You need to configure your routers (on-site and at the remote site) for either VPN or NAT to allow remote clients to register with your 3CX server. Ports required are 5060UDP, 7000-7500UDP and 9000-9003TCP (depending on the number of VoIP lines you are supporting). If you have a VPN set up between the two offices, there is no need for NAT configuration, given that your VPN is IP level 3 transparent.

3. rascott757

Thanks!

I will give that a shot.

4. Andrew L

How did your remote office work. I opened up the ports and this method did not work. I got the VPN method to work.
    The VPN is not a very good solution for me. My client needs to be able to give each sales rep a phone pre-configured. He does not want me to have to setup VPN at each location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.