• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

remote party reports echo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshen

Reaction score
echo.
Hope to get some help on this problem

Some callers report an echo on their end (the agent has no echo, the remote party hears their own voice after they speak.)

In an attempt to capture this i have recorded and listned to calls where echo was reported, but i have no trace of an echo in the recording.

I have escilated this issue to our SIP trunking provider. They have come back saying the issue is between our PBX and Agents.
they say the call quality is good, on the IVR and during hold, but degrades when the opperator answers the call.

So my question is, how can I trace the cause of the issue?

I have a recording of the calls in question, are these recordings (recorded on the 3CX server) of the audio between our SIP provider, and 3CX Server, or 3CX Server and agents phone?

cheers - Roshen

Roshen said:
They have come back saying the issue is between our PBX and Agents.
they say the call quality is good, on the IVR and during hold, but degrades when the opperator answers the call.

How is call quality on a call directly to a set "closer" to 3CX. I'm wondering if there is delay/congestion in your network since the music seems to be ok. What sort of switches/equipment are between 3CX and the agents sets? Can you substitute something else running to one or two sets for testing? Which codecs are the sets using, G711? Does call quality improve on test calls made after hours when the network is less busy?

Hi sorry for the late reply.

We have only 18 computers on our network (total), about 7 of them are connected over ethernet cable through a 16 port switch (DGS-1216 t), of these 4 computers are agents who report echo issues (guys who work on the phones most of the day)

and the rest are over wifi.

we use the 3cx phone, with logitech USB headsets, there are no hardphones.

Our 3cx machine is multi homed, with 1 NIC connected to the dlink switch (to the network) and the other to the Sip trunking provider.

For codecs,
in VOIP Providers > Providers trunk > advanced > Codec Priorities
assigned codecs is "G.711 A-law". (the only one in the list)

On the 3cx phone the Codecs listed in this order.
PCMU
PCMA
GSM

either way, if i can get a recording of a call (between the 3cx and the SIP provider) then I should hear the echo if its a problem on our end - or is that not correct?

You may need to do some troubleshooting using a device other than the USB headsets, just to be sure that they are not causing the problem. It would help if you had access to an ATA or VoIP set just to test with. If a distant caller is hearing echo then they are hearing their own voice but with a delay. Obviously there is an inherent delay with VoIP as packets pass through the network. If the voices in a conversation took a path toward the other end with no "crossover" then there would never be echo, but there usually ends up being a point (at the receiving end, the one that is not getting echo) where a bit of the conversation "leaks' back to the caller. In most cases the "callers" voice is not loud enough to be sent back to them (or can be suppressed successfully) and cause the echo. This can sometimes change depending on the device at the receiving end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.